Amoskeag Falls and Manchester’s canals: A walking tour
Join MRWC to explore the Merrimack River’s Amoskeag Falls, a landmark that for thousands of years was home to Native Americans and one of the oldest archaeological sites in New England. We’ll find the remnants of the mighty canals that were built in the 19th century to power Manchester’s vast mills, and we’ll talk about the ecological and environmental challenges the river faces today.
- Officials to address contamination in Merrimack River with new federal funding
- Mass. finalizes public alert system for sewage discharges
- Boston Herald “Baker Signs Bill Forcing Alerts of Sewage Dumps”
- Merrimack River Watershed Council applauds passage of Sewage Public Notification Law
- MRWC reaction to upcoming CSO project in Manchester